HelloWorld HTTP Status 404 error

Thanks for this site. As someone who is trying to teach themselves JEE, this is really helpful.
Still…

I have followed the write your own code version of the HelloWorld tutorial, got it up and running, everything seems to be in order, but when it opens my browser (Firefox) the page that displays is an error message (see below). Obviously, since I’m working on a HelloWorld program, I’ve 0 experience to know where to look and how to debug. I’d be grateful for suggestions.

Shawn

HTTP Status 404 – Not Found

Type Status Report

Message The requested resource [/HelloWorld/] is not available

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

Apache Tomcat/10.1.8

Do you see any errors in your console?

Can you try navigating to the top level? (That’s probably http://localhost:8080, but depends on your settings.)

There were no errors in the console (or Eclipse window). I made it work by

1. adding “set JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25” to Tomcat’s catalina.bat file (path to where my jdk resides);

and

1. stopping and starting my Tomcat server between runs (red buttons at the bottom of Eclipse IDE) as well as manually saving any updates - not relying on Eclipse to auto save and refresh after changes.

This all feels a bit cludgy to me but hey! It works for now so I’ll take the win.

Thanks,
Shawn

PS: any other insights or advise is always welcome.