So while doing jekyll build I got traceback as
Bundler could not find compatible versions for gem “sassc”: (Bundler::VersionConflict)
In snapshot (Gemfile.lock):
sassc (= 2.2.1)
jekyll was resolved to 4.0.0, which depends on
jekyll-sass-converter (~> 2.0) was resolved to 2.1.0, which depends on
sassc (> 2.0.1, < 3.0)
bundle update will rebuild your snapshot from scratch, using only
the gems in your Gemfile, which may resolve the conflict.
Later doing bundle update
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/bundler/spec_set.rb:91:in `block in materialize’: Could not find tzinfo-1.2.7 in any of the sources (Bundler::GemNotFound)
Is the gemfile up to date?
I believe it’s up to date. I recently upgraded the Jekyll version. Here’s that commit: https://github.com/KevinWorkman/HappyCoding/commit/af858cc5130b20c3a4f4c85eab2f15528828e9cb
Admittedly I’m not very familiar with Ruby, so I wouldn’t be surprised if something is wonky with my configuration. But for what it’s worth, it does seem to work for me.
finally got it running. You won’t believe the pain in doing this
The main issue with mac is it has default ruby installed.
Then we have to brew install ruby and then set path variable and then source the bash profile.
To resolve issues I had to do gem install bundler:1.17.2 .
I think I had installed another version of bundler for an earlier project.
Any way feels good to see things run . At lease I learnt some debugging and resolving errors!
(even i don’t have info about ruby. This is second time I did setup with ruby.)