No sematic html used for website

I know you use Jekyll for the HappyCoding website, but not too many people will get to know of the website, since Jekyll does not employ a lot of semantic html. Could you please edit the html files to be more semantic, or just use an altogether template like GitHub - rcvalle/jekyll-theme-semantic2: A Semantic UI -based Jekyll theme. ?

Can you be more specific about how the HTML is not semantic?

I use Jekyll to build the site, but I wrote all of the HTML and CSS myself. From what I understand, I do indeed use semantic HTML. For example the navigation is in a <nav> tag, headings are <h1> tags, etc. Those are all semantic tags, as far as I know.

I’ve even tried to make sure that the HTML is formatted correctly in the output, on the off-chance that somebody wanted to view its source.

I don’t think using a Jekyll theme would improve any of that. But can you point out any specific tags I’m not using, or misusing?

From what I understand, I do indeed use semantic HTML. For example the navigation is in a <nav> tag, headings are <h1> tags, etc. Those are all semantic tags, as far as I know.

I don’t mean to be rude, but there are a lot of semantic html that you are not using, that might help others come to and know of your site. Here are a few:

• <main>
  • <article
  • <section>
  • <header>
  • <footer (You are using this)
  • <aside> (To place other things such as social media links and about me section)

I hope this doesn’t offend you!

No worries, you aren’t offending me. That’s an interesting point. I’ll think about how I can use these other tags.

These links might help you: