Struts 1.3.10 Encoding issue

We have a form that has the following definition (the important part is the enctype)

<form id="myform" name="myactionname" method="post"
enctype="multipart/form-data;UTF-8"
onsubmit="validateForm(this);"`>

By using this format, FF and IE can upload files and pass encoded characters properly, but Chrome has sporadic issues.

Using the below works in FF and Chrome, but breaks encoded characters in IE.

<form id="myform" name="myactionname" method="post"
enctype="multipart/form-data" accept-charset="'UTF-8"
onsubmit="validateForm(this);">

We need to be able to receive encoded characters and upload files in FF, Chrome and IE. However, I am unable to find a form “signature” that works for all three. I thought I had read somewhere that there may be a configuration setting somewhere to set the encoding instead of having to do it on the form. I am not even sure why struts would mess with the encoding on the form to begin with. We do not have an option of upgrading to a more recent version of struts.

Thanks for any possible suggestions.

https://coderanch.com/t/557874/frameworks/Struts-encoding

Thanks, we are testing this now. It appears to work for most pages, but for some strange reason there are one or two that it doesn’t appear to work for. We are currently unsure why.

I hope you are not running Struts 1.x ANYTHING. Sonotype has it rated as having one of the worst security profiles of almost any framework. Having watched a bank get hacked by using Struts 1.x…