SvgExe tool

Hi KevinWorkman
I am looking for your tool to try it out (I don’t want to re-invent the wheel) and your previous (SvgExe) post drove me to your current site.

I was also reading your statement on staticvoidgames:

So I decided to make my own uploader. But I didn’t know anything about server-side programming, so I learned about JSP and databases and file uploading, and soon Static Void Games was born. It wasn’t pretty, but it got the job done.

Do you happen to have a code that you don’t mind sharing of your previous alpha uploader? I want to learn this kind of technology and I have been making my way through HTML/CSS/JS but I am very beginner. I am getting into PHP as well but I do not have anything in mid as yet of what I want to do.

How is Life in Cf? Was it a big move?

One note: in your blog Ludum Dare and Programming Without a Computer - Happy Coding you have a typo that is screaming for attention: “Step One: I can has internet??”

Kf

Hey there!

I eventually renamed SvgExe to JarMatey, and you can check out an archived version of its website (including download links) here: JarMatey - Static Void Games

However, I don’t really recommend using this anymore. At this point, using the executables that Processing exports is probably a better option than creating a self-extracting jar. Is there something specific you’re trying to do?

Do you happen to have a code that you don’t mind sharing of your previous alpha uploader?

Sure, the uploader in all its “glory” is still available on the Static Void Games GitHub, specifically [here] (StaticVoidGames/StaticVoidGames/src/main/java/com/StaticVoidGames/spring/controller/EditGameController.java at master · KevinWorkman/StaticVoidGames · GitHub).

However, that’s probably overkill if you’re just starting out. Instead, I recommend checking out the Apache Commons FileUpload library. I’m also working on server tutorials as we speak, so hopefully I can put something together! It might be a while though.

How is Life in Cf? Was it a big move?

It was a big move, but I like it so far. Still getting used to it. But the weather sure is nice! :sun_with_face:

you have a typo that is screaming for attention

That’s not a typo! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: More accurately, it’s a typo on purpose. I’m referencing this (very old at this point) meme:

I can has cheezburger?

Thxs a lot. I just ran into your blog because I was interested to export into multiple platforms. I don’t own a Mac, so maybe I was looking for options to make exported files available in other OS. I guess I will need to generate the exported files under different OSes directly. Or I should get into Virtual Machines… mehhh… I can see I am going to run out of hard drive space again. Thanks anyways!

I will look into your uploader to understand how you did things, and I will definitely look into the apache link. Right now I can run WAMP server and I could load FileZilla server on top to provide files via FTP. My Concept is to be able to move my own files (more as a programming exercise) between computers not in a local network using my own site. Something I always wanted to get done and it seems I am getting there… finally as time permits.

I checked their website and those guys made about 2 million dollars just on the idea, so I understand. Interesting memes… no doubt. Thxs for your quick reply.

Kf